Flood warnings are at play this morning in the following Minnesota counties until 6:30 p.m. Friday: Brown, Carver, Chippewa, Le Sueur, McLeod, Nicollet, Redwood, Renville, Rice, Scott, Sibley and Yellow Medicine.
At 3 a.m. Friday, the National Weather Service advised that flooding is occurring at these Minnesota locations: Granite Falls, Hutchinson, Olivia, Redwood Falls, St. Peter, Fort Ridgely State Park, Gaylord, Glencoe, Lake Marion Regional Park, Le Center, Lower Sioux Agency, Minnesota Valley State Rec Aarea, New Prague and Upper Sioux Agency.
Flood warnings are at play this morning in the following Minnesota counties until 3:30 p.m. Friday: Le Sueur (southeastern), Rice, Steele and Waseca (northeastern).
The National Weather Service says flooding will occur in Faribault, Owatonna and Rice Lake State Park.
"At 3:06 a.m. [Friday], local law enforcement officials reported that flooding was occurring in the warned area," said a statement on the weather service's website. "Although the rainfall has ended, runoff is not complete and flooding problems will continue through Friday afternoon."
Flood warnings are at play in the Twin Cities metro area until 6:30 p.m. Friday. The warning affects the following counties: Anoka (southeastern), Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Goodhue, Hennepin, Ramsey, Rice, Scott and Washington.
The National Weather Service said flooding will affect the following communities: Blaine, Bloomington, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Burnsville, Center City, Chanhassen, Chaska, Coon Rapids, Crystal, Eagan, Eden Prairie, Edina, Excelsior, Lake Minnetonka, downtown Minneapolis, downtown St. Paul, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, Plymouth, Red Wing, St. Louis Park and Shakopee.
MnDOT reopens some roads after flooding. Here's the agency's release:
The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol re-opened some state highways and interstates after heavy rains. Many other roads remain closed or are being monitored.
Highways now open:
- Southbound Highway 169 between Highway 41 and County Road 3/Meridian Avenue near Shakopee and Belle Plaine
- Northbound Highway 169 from Highway 19, south of Belle Plaine, to Highway 41
- Southbound Highway 169 between County Road 3/Meridian Avenue and Highway19
- Interstate 494 at Highway 62
Highways that remain closed:
- Highway 13, east of I-35E from Sylvandale to Watchler in Lilydale
- Southbound lane of Highway 25 in Mayer at 201 Ash Ave. The northbound lane is open with flagging operations at the scene.
Areas being monitored with no unnecessary travel advisory:
- Southbound Highway 169 at Stoppelmann Blvd
- Highway 55 in Rockford near the Crow River
- Shoulder of Highway 41 and Highway 5
- Highway 41 Bridge spanning the Minnesota River in Chaska
- Highway 212 at Kelly Street near Cologne and Highway 212 west of County Road 11
- Highway 25 between Highway 212 and Highway 7
- Highway 284 just north of Cologne near Church Street
- Highway 5 west of Post Road
- Interstate 35E at County Road E in Vadnais Heights